Official SpeedQB® Rules and format:
TEAM vs TEAM (5 on 5)
- Each team may only have 5 players in the game each match.
- Substitutions are allowed before/after each match. Subs are not allowed during the match (subs aren’t allowed between the rounds of the match)
- One Match = 3 Rounds
- Coin toss before each match, winner chooses which side or map for first round
- Round = 4:00 min max
- Team wins match by winning 2 of the 3 rounds.
- If one team wins first 2 rounds, the 3rd round will not be required.
- 100 Points per round
- 25 pts First Flag Possession / 50 pts Flag Hang (Ends the round) / 5 pts Each Player eliminated (5 players = 25 pts max)
- 5 Second Countdown (Verbal warning by ref before countdown begins)
- Round begins by Horn / Whistle blow
- Each Round is 4:00 min max time
- Obtain possession first (25 pts)
- When flag is in possession, flag must be clearly visible by refs (cannot hide flag in pocket or dump pouch)
- Flag Hang on opposing spawn point (50 pts / Ends the Round)
- If Flag-bearer gets hit, flag must be dropped where bearer was hit, within 5 feet of hit location (25 pt team penalty for late flag drop, outside of 5ft from hit location)
- Teams “breakout” from a starting wall/bunker located at center of Team Spawn point.
- All guns must be pointing at the spawn wall/bunker until round begins (25 pt team penalty for early break or guns not facing/pointed at spawn wall)
- One foot must be touching spawn wall/bunker until round begins (25 pt team penalty for early breakouts)
SEMI AUTO ONLY
- All types of guns are allowed
- One trigger pull = One shot (feathering OK)
- All guns must have trigger guard, no double triggers
- Rifles = Mid Caps Only (200rd max per mag)
- Pistols = Extended Mags and M4 Mag Adapters OK, no DIY mag adapters (200rd max mid caps only)
- Shotguns = Shell Fed or AR Mag (200rd max mid caps only)
- No limit on total number of magazines/shells
NO MINIMUM ENGAGEMENT DISTANCE
- No “surrenders” / No “bang-Bang” kills
- Knife kills count
REFEREE / OFFICIALS
- Officiator controls Countdown and Game Start/End
- Officiators have full power to call hits upon players and pull players
- Officiators have final call to any disagreement
- Any bodily contact with a BB is considered a Hit. (Excludes Gun hits)
- If opposing players shoot each other same time, both players are out.
- Dry fires do not count as a hit. Ricochets do not count as a hit.
- FOULS = Not calling your hit, intentional or inadvertent
- 1st offense: Team loses that round automatically, loses all points for the round. Player is marked (on wristband, on colored band, etc) per offense.
- 2nd offense by same player: Team loses that round automatically, loses all points for the round. Player is marked and pulled from the rest of the match. The affected team plays one man short, no substitutions for rest of the match.
- 3rd offense by same player: Team loses that round automatically, loses all points for the round. Player is marked and pulled from rest of the event. The affected team plays one man short for the remaining matches.
- FALSE STARTS (early launch) = Team loses 25 pts
- LATE FLAG DROP (flag bearer doesn’t drop flag immediately when hit, dropped more than 5 ft from hit location) = Team loses 25 pts
Rights & Usage of Marks
SpeedQB® is a protected trademark and is dedicated to curate and maintain quality of this original format of gameplay.
For info about upcoming SpeedQB events please check the Events page. If your field is interested in hosting licensed SpeedQB® Format games/events, please contact us via email: email@example.com